MapleStory Chaos coming soon…
December 9, 2010 472 Comments
30 minutes ago Nexon Korea started their press conference about the upcoming Winter update. And it’s BIG.
This just came in from the twitter of NexonKR.
After ‘Big Bang’ comes MapleStory Chaos! Like ‘Big Bang’, the ‘Chaos’ update will come in three parts:
The first update ‘Return of the Hero’ is also known as the reorganization update and will make the heroes stronger and better. ‘Technological Age’ is the second update that will add new profession skills for your character. And as last, ‘Super Fight’ is the last update to come in January.
But wait.. there’s more! Lv. 140 equipment sets will be added and new high-leveled areas as well! Read more about the second major update of MapleStory.
[Official MapleStory Chaos trailer – Please click on CC to see the English subtitle]
▶ The first update on December 16th: Return of the Hero (영웅의 귀환)
This update will focus on skill balancing and will mark the return of Dual Blade and the two heroes Aran and Evan. Everyone will be able to create a Dual Blade character again, but this is limited for the Winter season only.
Dual Bladers will be improved and will receive several new skills such as Blade Fury (left), Vital Steal and Phantom Blow (right).
The Aran class will come back with a new look, stronger and better. Arans will receive new skills like Combo Judgement. Combo Judgement can attack multiple enemies by dropping a giant axe. Monsters hit by the giant axe are frozen and will be suffering from damage over time.
A skill that can create an instantaneous combo count and more.
Some skills were moved to an earlier job advancement and had their combo count required changed.
The second hero that makes his comeback in the ‘Chaos’ update is Evan. The attacking speed of Evan was greatly improved. Along with Aran and Dual Blade, Evan got a bunch of new skills as well.
– Dragon Blink: Teleports you to a random location in the map.
– Dragon Sparking: With a certain success rate, you can deal extra damage. (The skill looks like Paralyze, look carefully in the video because it’s there)
– Protection of the Onyx: For a period of time, you can give you and your party members extra avoidability.
– Will of the Onyx: For a period of time, you can prevent yourself getting knock-backed from a monster’s attack and able to attack with your body.
In addition, all other classes were improved as well. ^^
▶ The second update on December 30th: Technological Age (기술시대)
[Alchemy (Alchemist), Equipment Forging (Creator) and Jewelry Making (Jewelist)]
This is a really great patch since it adds refreshing content. In this update, the ‘Profession Skill’ system will be added to the game.
There are 5 profession skills available for to master. When your character is Lv. 30 or higher, you can learn up to 2 profession skills.
[What happens if you drink a Giant Potion?]
1. Herbalism: Collect herbs, flowers and seeds in Maple World. With that, you can make different herb oils. Herb oil is required for Alchemy to make a variety of potions.
2. Mining: Mine ores and crystals in Maple World with your pickaxe. It’s also possible to make refined jewels and plates from mineral ores.
3. Equipment Forging: Use refined jewels and plates to forge a lot of defensive armor and weapons.
4. Jewel crafting: Make accessories (earrings, rings, belts, face accessories, pendants and shoulder pads) from refined jewels and plates.
5. Alchemy: Use the herb oils from Herbalism to create a wide variety of potions. It’s also possible to disassemble and fuse equipment with Alchemy.
As you work on these profession skills, your character’s fatigue rate will increase. In order to decrease fatigue, you have to visit the respective NPC shown in the image above.
▶ The third and last update on January 13th: Super Fight (대난투)
Finally after seven years of service, PvP will be added to MapleStory!
Players who are Lv. 30 or higher can enter the Battle Arena Entrance Portal and enjoy PvP mode.
In the PvP area, the players’ levels and stats will automatically be adjusted.
There are three modes you can enter:
– Survival: Battle without restrictions and rules.
– Team Match: Battle with teams within a time limit.
– Ice Knight: One person gets chosen to be an Ice Knight. Other players will need to survive from the Ice Knight, because the goal of the Ice Knight is to freeze all the players in the map.
Players who battled in PvP mode can earn BP (Battle Point). You can make and buy items with FPs.
There is a bonus that will come with the ‘Chaos’ update. Nexon has said that there will be a new level 140 set of equipment.
[Destroyed Henesys town in the future]
And there will be a new area for Lv. 160+ players called ”Door of the Future”.
There will be a new storyline related to this map and there will be a new boss…
[MapleStory’s ultimate boss]
I’m really curious about the new area for Lv. 160+ players, it looks really beautiful. Who could this new female boss be? She sure looks familiar to me… Do you think what I think?
Since this is the ‘Chaos’ update, I’m wondering if there will be a Chaos Pink Bean…?